Amomum Biflorum Jack Herbal Compress Ball
Amomum Biflorum is known in Thailand as ‘Wan-Sao-Long’, renowned for its unique aroma (often used as a perfume) and relaxing effects when inhaled. It is good for the heart and general blood circulation. It is also thought to bring good fortune in traditional Thai society.
Read about the history of Thai herbal compress therapy
- Improves blood circulation
- Reduces muscle tension and body aches
- Relieve numbness and inflammation of muscles and tendons
- Unique & uplifting aroma
Amomum Biflorum Jack
|Good for the heart, brings good fortune, delicately perfumed|
|Anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, soothing effect on digestive system, boosts circulation|
|Reduces high-blood pressure, improves digestion, relieves colic|
How to prepare herbal compress Balls
Thai Herbal Compress Balls can be used hot or cold.
You will need two herbal compress balls, one for using on the top of the body (back, arms, decollete) and one for use on the lower body.
To prepare the Thai Herbal Compress Balls for use (either hot or cold):
- Remove them from the packaging and tap against your hand to waken the herbs
- Soak the Thai Herbal Compress Ball in warm water until completely wet (approx 5-10 mins) or until the water turns yellow
- Steam in an electric steamer for 15 minutes, adjust steaming time for facial and foot compress balls to approx 8 minutes. You can also microwave oven for approximately 1 minute (careful not to burn the compress ball).
- Use a thick hand towel or tongs to remove Herbal Compress Balls from the steamer
Before using a hot Thai Herbal Compress Ball on a client you must test it on your inner arm to ensure the temperature is not too hot. Always check the temperature with your client before commencing the treatment.
- Do not use Thai Herbal Compress Balls on the eyes
- Do not massage bony prominences
- Thai Herbal Compress Balls that are to be used cold are always heated before they are cooled as heating the Compress Ball releases the beneficial alkaloids found within the herbs.
- Thai Herbal Compress balls can be reused 3-4 times, on the SAME client only. After use keep the “Waan-Sao-Long” herbal compress ball in a clean-sealed plastic bag and keep refrigerated
After treatment you should advise clients
- To drink plenty of water
- Against showering or bathing for a few hours after treatment so that the medicinal value of the herbs can remain on the skin long enough to be absorbed.